INTRODUCING OUR SPRING MINI SERIES
Due to COVID19 we are switching things up this year. In lieu of our annual conference we have put together a Zoom mini-series comprised of 6 presentations from January to June 2021. These presentations are not included in your membership but rather will be ala carte style. Register for the presentations that you desire and feel would help expand your play therapy knowledge, and leave the rest. You may pay for individual presentations or opt for a bundle to receive a discount on multiple presentations. We understand that everyone is in a different place with their training and hope this approach will allow you to take what best suits you at this time.
Thanks for being flexible with us!
Please RSVP for each event you plan to take below and follow the links to pay for the Mini-Series bundle that best suits you. Spots are limited so register now.
- Mini-Series Part 1: How to Create a Play Therapy RoomSat, Jan 30Zoom Experience
- Mini Series Part 2: Navigating Ethical Issues in Play TherapySat, Feb 27Zoom ExperienceFeb 27, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AMZoom ExperienceEthical issues can be confusing to identify and navigate as some of them do not appear to pose a problem at first glance. When working with children and their families, it is important that clinicians are aware of the potential ethical dilemmas that can arise throughout treatment.
- Mini Series Part 3: Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT): An Alternative Approach for Play TherapySat, Mar 13Zoom Experience
- Mini Series Part 4: Parent Consultations in Play Therapy: Utilizing a Developmental ApproachSat, Mar 27Zoom Experience
- Mini Series Part 5: Co-parenting and Blended Family Dynamics in Play TherapySat, Apr 17Zoom ExperienceApr 17, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AMZoom ExperienceIn this presentation participants will learn how to work with blended families while using the modality of play therapy, a systemic approach to counseling blended families in which family willingness, stabilization and integrating of parenting styles while alleviating family conflict is discussed.
- Mini Series Part 6: Sand Tray Therapy – A practical way to use play therapy with clients from all agesSat, Jun 05Zoom ExperienceJun 05, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AMZoom ExperienceThrough this two-hour presentation, Maria Robles, MEd, LPC-S, Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor will briefly review the history of utilizing sand in play therapy, the dynamics and uses of sand tray therapy and ways to implement its use with different age groups.